Know The Differences Between Laravel Vs Codeigniter: Which Is The Better PHP Framework?
It is observed that over the years, PHP frameworks have become the most preferred ones when it comes to building applications for the enterprise. Many PHP frameworks are available and quite popular within the community, especially Laravel and Codeigniter. To make an informed decision that will suit your demand and fit your project requirements, you will need a comprehensive understanding of Laravel vs Codeigniter.
This article about the differences between Laravel and Codeigniter will be providing you with an understanding of different factors by choosing either of these best PHP frameworks. So let’s get started.
What is Laravel?
Laravel is an open-source, best PHP framework. This platform was designed for the development of applications by using MVC architectural pattern and full stopped level is released under the MIT license. So GitHub hosts its source code. PSP framework as it follows expressive and accurate language rules.
What is Codeigniter?
Codeigniter is a very powerful PHP framework and is built for developers with a simple and elegant toolkit for creating full-featured web applications. Codeigniter is one of the best options for creating dynamic websites using PHP. Also, provides complete freedom to the users as they are required to depend on the MBC development pattern. Besides, it also allows third-party plugins that can be useful for implementing complicated, and it also offers awesome security and encryption procedures.
Why use Laravel?
- Laravel offers a version control system that helps with simplified management of application migration.
- Modular packaging with composer-based dependency manager.
- Support for eloquent advanced active record implementation for working on DB.
- Supports DBMS platforms.
- Offers features like blade templating engine.
- Support for artisan command along with sample code line interface.
- Has great documentation.
- Allows you to in force constant between multiple DB objects by using an advanced query builder mechanism.
- The framework follows an autoloading feature, so annual maintenance isn’t required.
- The framework will help you in generating new tools with the help of a LOC container.
Why use Codeigniter?
- Great support at immediate answers provided by a very active Codeigniter community support.
- Clear and structured documentation.
- Offers on-hand stability and supports.
- Offers a simple routing method.
- Allows you to cache the website to improve performance and loading times.
The key Differences Between Laravel vs Codeigniter
- Codeigniter is object-oriented, whereas level is relational object-oriented.
- Codeigniter doesn’t come with inbuilt oxidation features, whereas Laravel comes with authentication class features.
- Codeigniter doesn’t have an inbuilt unit testing tool, whereas laravel has an inbuilt unit testing tool.
- Codeigniter is object-oriented, event-driven, and functional level is component-oriented.
- Codeigniter is very easy to learn by beginners, whereas the level of as many additional features is difficult to learn by beginners.
Features of Laravel
- Easy third-party library integration
- Packaging modular.
- Composer-based dependency management
- Query builder as potential ORM alternative
- Easy to use the blade-templating engine
- Integrated techniques for authentication and caching
- Quality control unmatched
- Provide improved IO capacity
Features of CodeIgniter
- Validation Form and Data
- XSS Filtering and Security
- Provides management of the session
- Library of Image Manipulation
- Payment and Data Encryption Support
- File Uploading Class
- Encryption Data Offers
- Error Logging
- Provides class calendar, class engine template, and class testing unit
- Friendly URLs search engine
- Hook and Class Extension Support
- Provides validation form and data
- Incorporated class sending support for mail
Laravel vs CodeIgniter: Know the Differences
|Support of other DBMS||ORACLE, Microsoft SQL Server, IBM DB2, MYSQL, PostgreSQL oriented, and JDBC compatible.||Microsoft BI, MongoDB, MySQL, PostgreSQL. But CodeIgniter supports other popular Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle SQL Server, DB2, etc.|
|Popularity & current trends||At its pinnacle, Laravel is currently at its apex. Experienced coders choose the expressive style of code.||It delivers usability in 2.x, and hence CodeIgnitor is preferred by most web developers.|
|Structure and updates||Laravel follows the MVC structure of the files. In addition, it is included with the Artisan command-line tool.||The structure is MVC and offers easy onboarding. It is the model-view-controller. The structure of the program was freely object-oriented. But many developers have utilized it to meet their requirements.|
|Built-in modules||This frame has built-in modularity characteristics. It enables developers across the bundle to split a project into distinct modules.||No built-in modularity capabilities are available for CodeIgniter. Developers must thus construct and manage modules with the Modular Extension.|
|Support for RESTful API||The RESTful Controllers allow developers to build a range of REST APIs without having to invest additional time.||CodeIgniter does not aid the simplification of REST API development.|
|Template Engine and API Building||It has a basic yet strong Blade-like template engine. Therefore, PHP programmers may increase web application speed by improving and altering vision using the Blade template engine.||No built-in template engine is available in CodeIgniter. Therefore, the developers must combine it with a smart template engine tool. It allows them to carry out joint work and to improve the website performance.|
|Online help and Libraries||Laravel offers her extremely detailed and useful official documentation.||CodeIgniter includes a comprehensive guide for use without previous expertise on its website with its many built-in features.|
|DataBase Model||Relational Object-Oriented||Object-Oriented|
|Template Language||Blade Template Engine||PHP proprietary|
|Programming Paradigm||Component Oriented||Object-Oriented Event-Driven Functional|
|HTTP Support||Laravel enables programmers to specify custom routes for HTTP. The developer can also develop each HTTPS route.||CodeIgniter is not fully supporting HTTPS. Thus, developers may employ URLs to maintain safe data transport by constructing parts.|
|Authentication||Laravel’s Authentication Class functionality facilitates the implementation of authentication and authorization rules by developers.||No authentication capabilities are included in CodeIgniter. So, developers require the CodeIgniter extensions to authenticate and authorize users.|
|Unit Testing||It enables developers to carefully and continually verify the application code using PHPUnit.||No inherent unit testing tools are included in CodeIgniter. Developers must thus utilize extra unit testing tools to evaluate the application’s quality and code.|
|Learning Curve||Laravel includes a lot of other capabilities that are hard for novices to understand.||For novices, learning and using CodeIgniter is easy.|
To summarize, we can claim that the relevance and benefits of various PHP frameworks are both. However, what you should prefer relies totally on your project. However, we can claim that, due to its sleek and sophisticated functionality, Laravel has a tiny edge compared to CodeIgniter.
Also Read: Best PHP Testing Frameworks
Our Popular Articles