A website cannot be considered successful unless and until its users have had a positive experience while visiting it. Furthermore, the page's speed or load time becomes crucial for the same. In this article, we'll look at how numerous strategies and technologies may be used to improve website speed optimization.
In general, any website's speed eventually makes the first impression about any business to its client and target audience; hence, website speed optimization needs to be prioritized. For any business, it is very evident to understand that there may not be a second chance when it comes to User experience and website speed is not good, as it has proved to be one of the most frustrating things that can turn any business off. Prior conduct website speed optimization tests that may help further.
High-performing websites are all advantages of high-performing websites: return visits, low bounce rates, increased conversions, engagement, improved organic search results, and a better user experience. You will lose money and your reputation if your website is slow and doesn’t keep up with clients. You will have a favorable impact on marketing and sales processes by lowering page load time. You'll attract more qualified leads which can be converted into customers as a result of increased traffic. We'll provide you tips on how to increase your website's performance through website speed optimization and page load time in this article.
Importance of Website Speed Optimization Service
Well, a page load time is a simple web performance that eventually manifests the actual time taken by any web page to appear on its user's screen.
Here we’ll now try to understand how website speed Optimization plays a big role in influencing the key factors of a successful website.
- Conversion: Conversion, or getting your visitors to do what you want them to do, is a key aspect of your business's success. This could easily be understood with an example when the clients may purchase your product, sign up for newsletter campaigns, attend a webinar, or download a guide. The page loads faster with higher conversion rates. As per Hubspot's research, a one-second wait results in a 7% drop in conversions and a one-second page lag, for Amazon could lose $1.6 billion in annual sales.
- Visibility: The actual load time taken by any website eventually influences how easily any user can find your website on any web browser. This is very evident that the speed of a website is one of the major factors that Google has always taken into consideration when ranking sites. A website performs poorly as a result of poor user experiences, which eventually results in gaining comparatively less promotion than it aims for in search results.
- Usability: Customer loyalty is directly influenced by website usability factors like page speed, load time, and responsiveness to user demands. A user will have a good experience with your website if it works well without any trouble. As we know, creating a huge client base and a successful brand requires a good and excellent user review and experience.
Also read: Checklist to Make Your Website Flawless
Website Speed Optimization Techniques and Website Speed Optimization Tools
Once you have acknowledged and tested the accurate speed of your website, you can now move on to start optimizing it as there are various website speed optimization techniques along with different website speed optimization tools that can help you enhance your website to work faster.
Let us understand them one after one.
1. Use of Content Delivery Network
A content delivery network (CDN) is a collection of web servers located in several geographic regions that deliver web content to end-users. When a website is hosted on a single server, all user inquiries are sent to the same hardware. As a result, the processing time for each request increases. Furthermore, the load time increases when users are physically separated from the server. User requests are then taken forward to the nearest server with CDN. As a result, content is delivered to users quite fast, making the website operate better. Yet this way may appear expensive but is a very effective method of reducing load time.
2. Through Optimizing the Size of the Image on Any Website
Although having a lot of photos, images, and graphics on your website makes it quite attractive on the other side, the size of these images is large and eventually slows down a website. Hence the best way to get rid of this problem is to compress the image size using website speed optimization tools such as ImageOptim, JPEGmini, or Kraken.
Also read: Responsive Website Designing & Testing
3. Try Reducing the Number of Plugins
Plugins are a standard part of every website, which includes third-party-recommended features. Unfortunately, the more plugins you have, the more resources you'll need to keep them running. And finally, As a result, the website will load even slower, which will eventually lead to certain security issues that may arise. So Reducing plugins can give a better page load time for your website.
4. Use Website Caching
When a huge number of users try to access a page at the same time, servers function slowly and take longer to deliver the web page to each one of them, and to deal with it, caching help. Caching is the technique of saving the most recent version of your website on your hosting server and displaying it until it is updated. This eliminates the need for the web page to be re-rendered for each user. When a cached web page is visited, it does not need to perform database requests every time.
5. Reduce the Use of Web Fonts
In internet design, web fonts have grown highly popular. Unfortunately, using web fonts has a negative influence on page rendering speed. Web fonts increase the number of HTTP queries sent to external sites. You can lower the size of online font traffic by doing the following steps:
- Use WOFF2 for current browsers;
- Include only the character sets that are used on the site;
- Select only the styles that are required.
Now that you know why website speed optimization is needed and what difference it brings along. You all need to understand that a website can only be successful if it can provide a good speed load page time to its clients and a good experience that will help it to be ranked by google and increase its promotions.
Also read: Features Of A Website