Click Up Test Case Management Tool Integration
In simple words, a test case is a set of exercising functions written to test the functionality of the software or the project in a particular scope area. Test case management works to enhance the quality of tests, resource utilization, and speed and stability. It combines the other forms of testing into a single place. Trusted and secure test cases are required for the efficient working of the software released. It is also needed to provide optimal functionality and working of the features. It is mostly managed by a test manager who has his/her own set of rules and responsibilities. Some of their tasks are to plan, process the progress of the activities and approve the optimal test cases and the test cases with different scenarios for testing.
Features of Test Case Management Tools
Before we go into the details and functioning of the test case management tool, let's first look into what its optimal features should be:
- Excellent customizations
- It must be able to execute simple test cases
- It must be able to handle the maintenance of the test cases.
- It must be user-friendly.
- It must also have exceptional import and export functionalities.
Test Case Management Tools
The test case management tools come into the picture when the team members or the heads are to be informed about the process completed so far, outlining test cases and solving the software bugs.
There are numerous test case management tools; a few of them are mentioned below:
1. Zephyr Enterprise: It helps in achieving all the test activities using a single tool. It can also be used to outline the test cases and document reports on the process. Its key characteristics are:
- It provides end-to-end traceability.
- It supports other party automation frameworks.
- It provides a special paid enterprise support.
2. Testpad: In this, we don't need to use a DIY spreadsheet. It prioritises giving its users enough process test case management. Its functions are mentioned below:
- It is simple to navigate and has a user-friendly interface.
- It has reports that explain the process completed so far in detail.
- The user-designed and original test cases and test plans are supported.
3. XRay: It is a test management tool for QA purposes. It integrates with Jira exceptionally. It is multi-featured and can be used for all purposes. Its features are:
- It traces the requirements, test cases and defects.
- It sorts the tests in different folders and documents in order.
- It supports different test environments.
Also read: Test Cases for Automation Testing
4. TestRail: It is used in organizing test cases and provides exceptional reports that gain striking feedback from customers. Its key features are:
- It tracks the progress of the user’s test cases.
- It also compares the test results of different test cases.
- It adjusts assignments and resources to maintain the workload.
5. TUSKR: It is a cloud-based and open-source test management tool. It has a thirty days free trial but has other plans after the free trial. Its features are:
- It organizes the test cases into different sections.
- It monitors the test cases from time to time.
- It has a fair division of workload.
The above-mentioned were a few test case management tools. But there are several such tools in the market. Some of the free test case management tools are:
Loadium: If one is looking for an app that gives excellent performance and also performs load testing, then Loadium is the best tool one must opt for. It is an open-source tool. Some of its features are:
- The test scripts developed using Selenium can be used here.
- It allows the users to report or rate the features using the diagrammatic representation and report.
- It provides the users with a free month trial. The free trial allows the testers to practise 15 tests. More tests can be performed using the paid version. After that, payment must be done.
Loadster: It is best suitable for those teams in the software testing team that manages the apps that have several users. Its features are:
- It has an amazing feature as the Loadster recorder extension. This extension records and keeps track of the load scripts used on the browser. This is highly time-efficient.
- This extension also keeps track of the responses and queries of the customers, which can be analysed later.
- Its free version is only for 2 days. It allows the user to make changes in the browser, edit the test scripts, etc.
Qcase: This tool detects and manages the test cases. It’s design and usage are really simple, which makes it user-friendly. It is also secure. It does not allow edit access to the invitees. It displays its contents only in the read mode. Its features are:
- It is loaded with tools that facilitate test management and its execution and automatically report the results.
- It is easy to use.
- It allows the users to gain insights into the inside information for better use of test cases through its query language.
- It has a free version for a small period with limited functions.
Also read: Black Box Test Case Design Techniques
Appium: It is best used for mobile testing. It can be used on cross platforms. It allows all sorts of apps on it for its testing. It is an open-source tool. Its features are:
- It is an open-source tool.
- It allows all sorts of hybrid and normal apps for testing.
- It supports all the operating systems like Windows and Mac.
- It provides a testing framework for free.
- This software is free and does not need to be downloaded or installed.
Blazemeter: It is suitable for testing in the software team for a team shifting left. Its features are:
- It allows the re-use of test cases.
- It allows the users to run the test cases on the user’s testing strategy.
- It is free. Its free version allows the user to make thousands of API calls, connect to over 40 users, and run several test cases.
These were free test case management tools that one must go for if they are new to the test cases and testing. Some of the tools above were open-source test case management tools and software.
Test Case Management Software
Before deciding on the test case management tool, it is important to understand what a test case management software does. It is a single system where several tasks can be performed and made easier and coordinated at once. It improves the speed, quality, and reliability of the test case and reduces the efforts that go into testing by making it easier.
There are several test case management tools in the market. Some of them are free, and some are paid. Some of these tools focus only on one major problem, while the other tools focus on providing all the necessary tools and frameworks that make testing easier. These days, the software is built either on the demand of the customer or when the business demands it. So, that test case management software should be selected, which is based on and fulfils the needs and requirements of the business.
The optimal features of a test case management software are:
- Better collaboration
- Analysing significant information
- Reducing the redundancy of data
As discussed above, there are many paid, free and open-source test case management software and tools being created. One must opt for the software and tool based on the testing requirement and environment.
Also read: Steps to Write Perfect Test Case Template
Our Popular Articles